I’m back from hols, hope to see you all there.
- Basic beginners chords C, AM, F, G7 and Strum
- Whole world in his hands – Marlow Beginners p2 ( advanced players learn the C and G chord a different position and play)
- The Drunken Sailor – Marlow Beginners p5
- Save the Last Dance for me – Beginners p26
- Sounds spainish – A, Dm, C, Bb
- Things – NSA Gig list v1.2
- Valerie- -NSA Gig list V1.2
- The Bare Necessities – NSA Gig List v1.2
- Smile -NSA Gig List v1.2
- Putting on the style – NSA Gig List v1.2
- Be my Baby – NSA Gig List v1.2
- Can’t take my eyes off of you – NSA Gig Listv1.2
- Hi Ho Silver Lining – NSA Gig List
If anyone is going to Marlow tonight I’ll cover 12 bar blues in the keys of C, G and A, we will do Johnny B Goode and Rock & Roll medley in MUG Book 5.
See you later T
Besides running through the Gig songs we will develop the 12 bar blues to sing Johnny B Goode. Brush up on your 12 bar blues in C.
Intro to Blues
We are going to attempt some 12 bar blues and pentatonic scale improvisation, also a few Medleys. See you there.
So we have the 12 bar blues in C sorted and a C major pentatonic scale improvised over the top.
We can do the same improvisation with the C minor pentatonic and the C Blues scale.
The C minor pentatonic:
C string – Open, 3rd fret
E string – 1st fret, 3rd fret
A string – 1st fret, 3rd fret
starting on C string
E string 1-3
A string 1-3
There is one more step to the C Blues scale, add in the E string 2nd fret
The pattern becomes
Starting on C string
E string 0-2-3
A string 0-3
Try this over a C blues backing track..
I’ve put my rambling under Hints and Tips – you can find it on the RHS of the home page towards the bottom. They are not definitive but cover some of the stuff from the Sessions. Its more of – Write it down because you have a memory like a sieve!